By John Marincola
- Comprises a chain of innovative articles written by means of known scholars
- Presents vast, chronological remedies of vital concerns within the writing of background and antiquity
- These are complemented by means of chapters on person genres and sub-genres from the 5th century B.C.E. to the fourth century C.E.
- Provides a chain of interpretative readings at the person historians
- Contains essays at the neighbouring genres of tragedy, biography, and epic, between others, and their dating to history
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar historical studies books
This energetic and unique guidebook is the 1st to teach scholars new to the topic precisely what Roman social heritage contains, and the way they could learn it for themselves. After providing a quick historical past of the improvement and present place of the self-discipline, the writer discusses the types of proof that may be used, and the total diversity of assets on hand.
This ebook makes a variety of writings through the good medieval historian, Sir Richard Southern, on hand to the broader viewers they deserve. a suite of writings through the nice medieval historian, Sir Richard Southern. bargains a desirable perception into the ideals and ideas that underpinned Southern’s paintings.
While humans adventure a annoying occasion, akin to warfare or the specter of annihilation, they typically flip to historical past for tales that promise a good consequence to their affliction. in the course of international warfare II, the French took convenience within the tale of Joan of Arc and her heroic efforts to rid France of international career.
While discussing huge social traits or reports, we have a tendency to team humans into generations. yet what does it suggest to be a part of a new release, and what offers that staff which means and coherence? it really is collective reminiscence, say Amy Corning and Howard Schuman, and in Generations and Collective reminiscence, they draw on a magnificent variety of study to teach how generations proportion thoughts of formative reviews, and the way realizing the way in which these stories shape and alter might help us comprehend society and background.
- The Bloomsbury Companion to Analytic Philosophy (Bloomsbury Companions)
- But What Do You Actually Do?: A Literary Vagabondage
- History in the Making: The Archaeology of the Eastern Subarctic (Issues in Eastern Woodlands Archaeology)
- The Use of History: Volume 24 (Routledge Library Editions: Historiography)
Extra resources for A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Historiography (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by John Marincola